On Repeat

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Finding myself most productive and all round most content when listening to music, I thought it appropriate to share some of my favourite songs of the moment. I have a particularly bad habit of finding a song I love and playing it on repeat non-stop. For now, here are three of my favourites.



Foxes - Let Go For Tonight

Possibly best known for the song for a particular department store's Christmas advert, Foxes is pretty new to the music scene. Her impeccably well written songs and the soft melodic tone of her voice make Foxes an instant favourite. With her album 'Glorious' released in a few weeks, I am expecting something quite glorious indeed, if previous tracks such as 'White Coats', 'Youth' and 'Echo' are anything to go by, she will not disappoint. Touring in March, I can not wait to see Foxes live.



Ella Eyre - Deeper

Runner up to the incredible Sam Smith in The Sound of 2014, Ella Eyre has a voice like no other. Having previously featured on Rudamental's hit 'Waiting All Night' she has now released tracks of her own. 'Deeper' is an upbeat track giving the singer a chance to really show off her unique sound. 



Lea Michele - CanonBall

Despite the immediate connotations of Lea Michele and a certain musical television show, the singer's voice is undeniably incredible. Having become so well known for her powerful ballads and covers of iconic pop and show tunes, Michele had a lot to prove in terms of a solo artist in order to be taken seriously as a musician. As her first venture as a solo artist, this song is catchy, well written and extremely well executed. I eagerly await more from Lea Michele in the not too distant future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment