On Repeat

Tuesday 3 February 2015



Sia - Salted Wound

Despite my serious lacking in interest in the phenomenon that will be the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie, the soundtrack is seemingly very impressive. With songs from the likes of Ellie Goulding, Beyonce and Sia, the motion picture has managed to pull in some big names. Sia never ceases to impress with her songs, songwriting and videos; 'Salted Wound' is no disappointment. The singers smokey tones are perfect for any self-penned and easy listening ballad.



Rihanna - Four Five Seconds feat. Kanye West & Paul McCartney

My initial thoughts on this track were very mixed, to be honest I didn't quite get it to begin with. Several plays later I cant take it off repeat. The song really shows off Rihanna's voice without any gimmicks, much like the video which coincidentally was styled by a certain Kanye West who also features on the track. The only reservation I have is Paul McCartney, I don't dispute his contribution to the music industry in the past however I am not quite sure what he contributes on 'Four Five Seconds'.



Lion Babe - Treat Me Like Fire

I have heard this song on the radio a few times in my car and totally and utterly loved it. It is so camp yet really soulful. I am sure it wont be long until there are some pretty intense remixes floating about the internet. For now I will have to be content with the jazzy video and super cool song. 'Lion Babe' the EP featuring 'Treat Me Like Fire' is out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment